FloraPrep™ for Microbial Collection
FloraPrep™ microbial collection kit contains two components: 1) tubular body with attached spoon, 2) preservation solution. The process includes collecting the sample, storing, and transporting all while fully inactivating degradation activities under ambient temperatures.
- The kit contains non-toxic, tasteless, odorless, polypropylene medical material. It is uniquely designed for convenience with a spoon attached to the cap.
- The sample preservation solution under normal temperatures maintains integrity and stability of DNA samples which in turn favors batching of one sample source at multiple time points.
FloraPrep™ Major Benefits:
- Sample storage in room temperature has effective inactivation of bacterial growth and inhibition of nuclease activity to ensure stability of DNA samples.
- DNA can be extracted with the sample preservation solution with a variety of extraction kits without a pre-treatment step.
- Storage in room temperature for samples (e.g. feces, soil, and other samples) collected at different time points for batch convenience.
- Flora analysis such as targeted 16S rRNA gene sequencing and metagenomic sequencing.
* FloraPrep™ is for research use only.